Building Cladding Surveys

Call Point Fire has been conducting EWS 1 certificated surveys of the outer surface coverings of buildings as part of their Compartmentation surveys for a number of years.


The service has developed today with more buildings than ever using a wide range of outer wall coverings including brick slip systems, metal cladding and boarded insulation frame systems. 



An EWS1 certificate is required by some lenders for premises which may have cladding on their external surfaces.


An EWS1 certificate does not guarantee that lenders will approve the transaction. 


In order for for a certificate to be issued, you will be required to have a cladding survey. External photographs and plans of the premises will be used initially for reconnaissance at a remote location known as a Desktop Survey. This will need to include photographs of any cladding locations, attachments, balconies, additional buildings or distinguishing features to the premises.


Whilst majority of Call Point Fire clients fall into the EWS1 Option A Category, some cases such fall into the EWS1 Option B category. This type of survey requires invasive works to the premises by a IFE Chartered Engineer. 


A range of through-hole endoscopic equipment is used where practical and when needed for working at height, cherry pickers for high-level access are used by our specialist aerial team.




Examples of survey sectors that may ask for an EWS1 certifcate include:


  • Insurance companies


  • Housing association


  • Business premises


  • Landlords 


  • Councils


  • Hotels



If you're intrested in processing an application with us. Please contact us here with your address and external photographs.


client confidentiality is assured at all times.